For several years, our midtown Mount Hope neighbourhood has gathered with our neighbours at Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region (91 Moore Ave) to host monthly potlucks in the W.A.L.E.S portable building on Braun Street.
The neighbourhood potlucks are a great way to stay in touch with your neighbours and share some delicious food.
Potlucks took a break in late spring until early fall, but the schedule is back on track with two upcoming dates:
- Friday November 15 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm… ish
- Saturday December 7 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm (this will be the annual Stocking Stuffer + Potluck event! more details to come in a separate blog post)
Both events are in the WALES portable building, 14 Braun Street (behind Sacred Heart Church).
- A main dish that can feed yourself/your group, and one extra
- Indoor shoes, in case of wet weather
Do you love organizing neighbourhood events?
We need 1-2 people to help with potluck organizing and coordination. This includes:
- some communication with Extend-A-Family staff to coordinate available dates in the WALES building,
- a bit of set up/hosting on potluck days, and
- helping to make sure the building is cleaned up when the potluck ends.
Interested? Please contact Kathy Mortimer and she will get you connected. Don’t worry, this is a team effort!
What are potlucks about, anyway?
- Belonging and community
- Sharing great food!!!!
- Meeting new friends or reconnecting with old ones…
- Shaping our neighbourhood to be the best place to live!