… and maybe you’re still cramming… I can’t tell you who to vote for but here’s some help to get your butt to the election poll on MONDAY OCTOBER 24, 2022 between 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
If you live in WARD 10 – find your Candidates here.
You also get to vote for ONE (1) mayoral Candidate, up to FOUR (4) Regional Councillors, and FOUR (4) School Board Trustees.
Where to Vote in WARD 10
- Breithaupt Community Centre
- Margaret Ave Public School
- Kitchener Public Library (Central Branch, Queen Street)
- The Auditorium
- Rockway Community Centre
- YOU CAN VOTE AT ANY LOCATION WITHIN YOUR WARD!
Not in Ward 10? Find your voting locations here.
How to vote
For the fastest voting experience, bring these items to your voting location:
- Voter Notification Card (VNC)
- personal identification (ID)
Follow these steps to vote when you arrive at your voting location:
- present your ID to the election official and they will give you your ballot and secrecy folder
- take the ballot to an available voting booth to cast your ballot
- use the provided marker to put an ‘X’ in the blank square to the right of the candidate(s) of your choice
- if you make an error on your ballot, bring your spoiled ballot to polling location staff and request a new one
- after marking your ballot, insert the ballot into the secrecy folder with the DRO’s initials showing
- take the ballot in the secrecy folder to the elections official who will then insert the ballot into the tabulator
- the tabulator will read the ballot and then automatically put it in the secure ballot box
- you’re done voting!
Accepted forms of identification
Examples of identification include:
- Ontario driver’s licence
- Ontario health card (if your name and address are printed on the card)
- mortgage, lease or rental agreement
- insurance policy
- credit card statement
- bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone, internet
A Canadian passport is not an acceptable identification document because you write your address inside your passport yourself.
No Voter Card?
You can still vote! Bring any of these acceptable forms of identification – just vote!
Parking lot voting
Have you tested positive for COVID-19 or are otherwise unable to enter a voting location? You can ask staff to help you vote from the parking lot of a voting location.
Either ask someone to enter the voting location on your behalf and let election staff know that you’d like help voting from the parking lot or call 519-741-2345 to make the request.
Learn More about Ward 10 Candidates
Olde Berlin Town, Central Frederick, and Mount Hope – Breithaupt Park Neighbourhood Associations hosted a “Meet your Ward 10 Councillor candidates” event at the Downtown Community Centre on October 2nd. Dan Fife declined to attend due to mask requirement and Lana Hiscock was ill. The 2-part recording of Aislinn Clancy, Peter Davis, Phong Tran and Stephanie Stretch is available here if you missed it.