- Enjoy one of the last sunny warm summer evenings before autumn arrives on September 22nd
- Enjoy some snacks & a drink with your neighbours on one of the last sunny warm summer evenings
- Accomplish BOTH of these ‘to do’ items (and more!) when you join your neighbours on Tuesday September 20 @ 7:00pm for the latest community discussion evening
When you choose #3, you get to enjoy one of the last sunny summer evenings when you walk down to the Extend-a-Family W.A.L.E.S portable building behind the old Sacred Heart School building on Moore Ave AND you get to enjoy some snacks and drinks with your neighbours while we gather.
We’ve spent the summer connecting with neighbours to find how how we can continue to grow/organize/engage as a neighbourhood. You might have participated in a previous neighbourhood discussion, completed a survey or had a conversation with one of the engagement crew.
On Tuesday September 20, we’ll recap the neighbourhood engagement efforts to date, discuss the survey results and share a concrete proposal for next steps. Most importantly, we want to get your input on how to make the next steps happen with (hopefully!) some new people stepping up to join in.
Here are a few things you can read in advance:
- results of the summer survey (This report was generously compiled by our neighbour Felix Munger & his fabulous team at the Sustainable Societies Consulting Group – huge props & thanks! )
- notes from an earlier neighbourhood discussion
- and a very insightful blog post from neighbour Ted Parkinson (MHBP Neighbourhood Association Co-Chair) about some of the naming history of our neighbourhood