We learned this information on one of the Saturday Jane’s Walks about development & change in midtown… and here it is, in print, from The Record.
There is uncertainty about what the next steps will be but the City of Kitchener is considering the options. The saga continues…
If you are curious about previous neighbourhood engagement on the Electrohome building, Ted Parkinson has chronicled the story on the Mount Hope Breithaupt Park Neighbourhood Association blog from as early as 2010. Thanks Ted!
- 2010 – Shanley and Duke St. Factory Building
- 2011 – Environmental Testing around Shanley and Duke Factory site
- 2012 – Former Electrohome Building Unstable
- 2013 – 152 Shanley Update #1
- 2013 – 152 Shanley Update #2
- 2016 – 152 Shanley Update (sort of)