About the Secondary Planning Process
This communication come directly from Planning Staff, Dayna Edwards.
Good Afternoon Midtown Neighbours,
As part of the Neighbourhood Secondary Planning process that is currently underway for the Midtown neighbourhood—City staff will be developing a set of urban design guidelines for ‘Residential Infill in Central Neighbourhoods’.
This document will apply to all neighbourhoods within the central city area, and in addition, we hope to have a section that contains guidelines unique to each neighbourhood. As it stands, the general guidelines have been drafted that will apply to all neighbourhoods—these guidelines will address things like building placement, setbacks, garage projects, landscaping, building design and massing, etc.
We would like to invite you to join staff in a design charrette intended to develop the unique set of neighbourhood design guidelines for Midtown.
The 2 hour design charrette will take place at the following time/location:
Wednesday, May 15th 2019 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm at City Hall Conestoga Room (1st Floor)
I’m hoping you will join planning and urban design staff to share your experience, vision and ideas for the Midtown Neighbourhood.
Your RSVP prior to May 10th would be greatly appreciated.
Please be advised that the goals and objectives of the charrette are to explore design guidance for the public realm and local neighbourhood. Property specific zoning or other questions pertaining to individual properties will not be discussed at the meeting.
Dayna Edwards, M.PL, MCIP, RPP
Senior Planner (Urban Design) | Planning Division | City of Kitchener
519-741-2200 ext. 7324 | TTY 1-866-969-9994 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Relevant Links – Read up!
- Background information about Secondary Planning: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/kw-hospital-midtown.aspx
- Current draft of Residential Infill in Central Neighbourhoods document: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/resourcesGeneral/Documents/DSD_PLAN_UDM_Design-for-Central-Neighbourhoods.pdf
- PARTS Midtown documents: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/parts-study-areas.aspx
- Cultural Heritage Landscapes document: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/resourcesGeneral/Documents/DSD_PLAN_KW-Hospital_CHLI.pdf
- Residential Intensification in Established Neighbourhoods Study documents: https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/residential-intensification-in-established-neighbourhoods-study.aspx
- Neighbourhood Planning Review Midtown https://www.kitchener.ca/en/city-services/kw-hospital-midtown.aspx