One of the most exciting – and most anticipated! days of the spring gardening season. This is when hundreds of people descend on the neighbourhood in search of quality, locally grown organic seedlings.
Saturday May 20, 2017
11am – 2:00pm
91 Moore Avenue, Kitchener
Less rush, less chaos, and we should sell out much later in the day
Click here for a pdf poster to print & put up on your street corner. Help spread the word!
Seedlings from Fertile Ground Farm, Theresa Schumilas and Brenda Knechtel. The big draw is often the wide variety of tomatoes. Prepare yourself by searching for varieties here: https://fertilegroundcsa.com/content/seedling-sale-tomatoes-2017)
You will also find a great selection of:
- Peppers – sweet & hot
- Broccoli, Cauliflower & Cabbage
- Ground Cherries & Tomatillos
- Greens including Kale, Lettuce, Swiss Chard, Asian greens, cabbage
- Herbs including basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, sweet marjoram, sage
- Annual and perennial flowers
Wait, that’s not all….
- Prices mostly $2.50/pot or 4-pack
- Coffee, snacks and lunch foods from The Yeti, Legacy Greens and Darrell Roes
- Children’s activities, music, compost and a variety of other tables on environmental and gardening themes
- Stay tuned for more details on our efforts to raise some money for Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region‘s Community Development programs